There are 3 vaccine delivery sites in Enfield for COVID 19.
Patients over 80 will be called first by their own GP surgery and offered an appointment as soon as possible; due to the structure of the vaccine it must be used within a certain time frame. As sites are informed of their delivery dates, appointments will be released. You may receive a text message or a phone call to ask if you would like a vaccine at one of these three locations.
1) MHP – Carlton House
28 Tennis Wood Road
Enfield – EN1 3LL
2) Winchmore Hill Practice
808 Green Lanes, Winchmore Hill,
London – N21 2SA
3) Evergreen Surgery
1 Smythe Close, Edmonton Green,
London – N9 0TW
Medicus Health Partners is delighted to confirm that we have started delivering Covid vaccines to Enfield patients over 80 years of age and some frontline workers to ensure essential medical services are protected through the Pandemic. As more vaccine is released contact will be made with other patient groups. Medicus have created a dedicated environment at Carlton House with separate vaccine pods and screened waiting areas to monitor patients afterwards, plus a heated area outside for patients waiting to be seen.
How to prepare for your Vaccine
- Ensure you have a booked and confirmed appointment via your GP Practice at one of the locations above.
- Please note we do not accept walk-in patients at these clinics.
- Please do not attend if you have been diagnosed with COVID 19 or are showing any symptoms.
- Please arrive on time and follow guidance from our staff at all times
- You must wear a mask (unless you are exempt)
- Best to have clothes on that allow easy access to the top of your arm
- To assist with social distancing and safety we can only accommodate one carer or family member to accompany patients who need support in the clinic. Please do not bring children to the clinic.
- If you are taking medication, please bring details with you
- You will need to come back for a second dose of the vaccine in about 21 days after the first dose
- Please bring your vaccine card back to the second appointment
- You still need to take precautions, wash hands, use sanitiser and wear a mask until the national guidance changes. You could potentially spread the virus. However, after your second dose and a 5 day period afterwards you are more protected from catching the virus.
These are answers to questions asked by patients, we hope that will help you understand more details
1) Which Vaccine is Administered?
Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine is being given in our current clinics. (2 doses are required, and a period of 5 days after the 2nd dose for the vaccine to be effective) This may change as others become available.
2) Are there any side effects?
When you are booked or attend for your appointments the clinical staff can answer or advise you, and we give you an information leaflet to help.
3) What if I miss my second dose?
If you miss your appointment, please contact your GP to see what can be arranged.
4) What if I am self-isolating or ill when my second dose is booked?
If you are self-isolating, please contact your GP to see what can be arranged.
5) If I have COVID will you give me the Vaccine?
No, and you should cancel your appointment for the vaccine. We can rebook you when you are well.
6) When will I get my second appointment?
If you need a second dose, it will either be booked at your first appointment or the clinic will call you to book. You will be advised by our staff.
7) How can I book an appointment if I have not had a text or phone call?
Contact your GP surgery, they have access to the booking schedules for these clinics.
8) How do I change my appointment or cancel?
Please contact your GP Surgery